Q. When does it make sense to print a flat sheet and convert instead of printing on already converted envelopes?
A. Here are some reasons:
1. The stock selected is not available or not readily available
2. The size selected is not available or not readily available
3. The window size and or position is not available or not readily available
4. The envelope requires a full flood coat front and/or back
5. You can print envelope with letterhead in one pass.
1. 1 #10 Commercial and 1 letterhead on a 14 x 20 sheet
2. 2 #10 Commercial and 2 letterhead on a 19 x 25
6. Customer wants printing on both front and back of the envelope
Q. If I never printed flat sheets for converting, will someone help explain the process?
A. Absolutely. One of our customer service representatives will walk you through the entire process
including the best way to die cut your sheets – hi-die; adjustable die and steel rule die cutting.
They will explain required knock out areas for proper glue adhesion, best sheet size for your
finished size plus overs needed to give you your count.
Q. When I ship my order to LPI, are there any special requirements?
A. Yes. Use LPI Shipping Checklist, such as:
1. Have paper jogged and strapped well
2. Have die dot sheets on top
3. Mark guide and gripper
4. Include purchase order and folding dummy
Q. What are your minimum and maximum size envelopes?
A. We have several machines that convert flat sheets into envelopes. For example, we
manufacture 2 x 3 coin style envelopes; 3 x 5 booklet with remoist glue and a wide selection of
booklet, baronial and "A" style envelopes up to 15 x 20 Open End envelopes or 11 ½ x 14 ½
Q. Does LPI stock (inventory) envelopes?
A. No. We convert from blank or printed stock supplied to us. LPI is a custom manufacturer.
Q. Does LPI Print?
A. No. We work exclusive with the print trade. The customer will print on flat sheets for us to convert, or, convert before you print. More profit for the printer or print broker.
Q. What is the most common mistake made when preparing the artwork for envelope converting?
1. Not making a folding dummy out of the artwork positioned in the final layout BEFORE going to
2. Not addressing proper bleed and registration issues before printing. IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO SEND LPI A LAYOUT BEFORE YOU GO TO PRESS. THIS WILL ELIMINATE ADDITIONAL COSTS AND TIME.
3. Not including enough overs to complete your order. Call for the sheet size that best meets your printing presses and overs.
Q. Does LPI have trucks for pick up and delivery?
A. No. Shipping to us and picking up is customers responsibility. All orders are FOB Plant.
Q. Does LPI take credit cards?
A. Yes, Visa and Mastercard.
Q. Besides envelope converting, what other services can I use LPI?
Add remoist glue to forms
Apply peel-n-seal to envelopes
Apply latex to envelopes
Card key holders
Credit card holders
Die Cutting up to 28 x 40 sheet
Double Window Envelopes
Job Jacket Folders
Large Window with Poly
Special envelopes for retail product packing and displays